Friday, June 29, 2012

my cooking show/ hong kong

Hey!  I know I've been pretty much slackin on this blog.  So I'll do an update on my life quick.

MJ reunited.  One day we will have a cooking show....it will be awesome.

Next- As most of you know I will be moving to Hong Kong!!!  I'm pretty excited about it!  Its crazy how this whole thing has been working out, even though I've had to wait months.  I got the job offer months ago, but then they sent me all the paper work for the contract, visa application, and etc. I had to talk to a lot of people to have them write reference letters, got transcripts, and etc.  Then wait for the visa!

But I'm excited.  Its a year contract to teach english for kindergarten.  Everyone asks me how I picked Hong Kong.  I don't know really. It had a lot of things I liked about it and in a sense it almost just picked me.  haha  I liked that its really a really safe city, its really diverse and modern, theres no sales tax, beaches are really close, there are a lot of other foreigners living there, the dress code for work is smart casual (which isnt too bad, at first I was looking into Thailand but the dress code was a skirt and all that- uh no haha) and theres two branches that are English speaking.

Im going to have to get used to the small apartment though.  Thats for sure.  I've been looking at pictures and researching stuff about the city.  You could almost ask me any question and Im pretty sure I can answer it. My roommate has visited there a few times and she already knows the language.  She will be working at the same place as me.

I finally found out the location of my school.  Ill be living in Tsing Yi, which is really good, because it's kind of like living in the suburbs so I'll actually be spending less than I thought in housing and its only about 15-20 minutes away from central.

So come visit me!!!  haha but just let me know cuz who knows I could be in another country cuz its so cheap to travel so I could be in thailand, vietnam, philippines, or japan.

so after the year contract I could sign and do another year or I may go back to Kenya and accept the job offer over there to teach kindergarten when I went to visit a while ago.  The guy works with the church's educational system and told me to come back anytime.  So who knows what Ill be doin...its gonna be an adventure though for sure!







No comments:

Post a Comment